Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
susie q susie q is offline

Default How do you close a word document without closing the program

click on the round circle at the top left, (that's where "file" use to be) ,
when that drop down box appears go to the bottom and right click on that
"close" folder, then click "add to quick access toolbar". A folder icon with
a tiny backwards arrow will come up on the toolbar. if it doesnt's show on
the toolbar, it might be in the "drop down" thing at the end of the toolbar
that shows more tools.

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote:

Click on Office Button | Word Options | Advanced. Scroll down to the
"Display" group, uncheck the "Show all windows in the Taskbar" box, and
click on OK.

Rivahlady wrote:

Word 2007 only has one (1) X in the right hand corner. Word 2003 had 2 x's,
one to close the doc and one to close the program. When I click the X in
2007, it closes the program.

Also, where is the list of open docs that used to be under File or Window in
the Tool Bar for 2003 Word. I used to be able to find quickly what I was
working on. Has that been eliminated? I see the 3 of docs in the bottom
task bar near Start. Thanks for help.