Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Rich text content control Word 2007

The "editing restrictions filling out forms" is for the legacy controls
(the old form fields), NOT for content controls. Remove that protection.

To get the same effect with content controls, select the entire document,
and in the Developer tab next to the content controls, click Group Group.
Although users can put the cursor into the protected areas outside the
content controls, they can't change anything there.

This has the advantage -- relative to forms protection -- that it doesn't
interfere with other features such as spell-check or graphics manipulations.
It has the drawback that it can't be password-protected against ungrouping.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Mary Ann wrote:
I am creating an online form using the content controls in the
Developer tab and have have put in a rich text content control, and
the protected the document restrict formatting and editing
editing restrictions set as filling in forms.
I had thought the rich text control would allow the person who fills
in the form to format the content e.g. add bullets or make a bit
bold. However, the formatting options are greyed out, presumable
because of the editing restrictions. This seems to me to make the
rich text control the same as the plain text control.
What is the difference between the two controls and how can I allow
rich text formatting at the same time as protecting the form?
Am a bit confused !!!