Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Default deploying a template for organisation

Hi Burt

The best solution to this will depend on the following. Can you let us know:
- what version of Word?
- how many Departments?
- does each individual person have individual information on the document,
or is it only department-related information?
- roughly, how many people in each Department?
- roughly, how often does the information change?

Shauna

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Burt" wrote in message
I guess preparation is key here.

We want to allow users to access a template which when printed will be on
headed paper. Each department should be able to add to the template their
own specific details which should appear in exactly in the right place on
the
headed paper. Traditionally the individual details where already printed
on
the letter headed paper but in a costs cutting exercise the idea is just
have the logo and for users to add their own data in themselves.

What would be the best way of A) deploying such a template globally and B)
creating a template so that people could add their own department details
which MUST go in the exact place on the paper with least amount of
thinking
involved.

I'm thinking fillin fields or such like but maybe there are better
alternatives. We would also want to protect the document to some extent
so
people where forced to use the template as it was intended.

Thanks in advance