Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
WindowsUser WindowsUser is offline

Default Level numbering

I have tried everything that I can think of to try to get my numbering to
work€¦.please help.

Here is an example of what I need my document to look like.

1. THIS IS A TEST
1.1. This is a test
1.1.1. This is a test
1.1.2. This is a test
1.1.2.1. This is a test

2. This is a test
2.1 This is a test
2.1.1. This is a test
2.1.2 This is a test
2.1.1.1. This is a test
2.1.1.2. This is a test

Ok€¦.this is where the problem is. Once I get to the number 2, I cannot get
the numbering to follow the pattern. The 2 will work, but when I get to the
2.1 level, it wants to automatically put in 1.2. when I really need 2.1. I
have the same problem on down. I have created the headings withing the
styles ribbon. Is this issue solvable? Very frustrated on my end. If I am
not clear enough with my explanation, please let me know. I really need to
find a solution.

--
Thanks much,
WindowsUser