Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Default Cannot Open Word Document On a Web Page

Hi Bob

If this question is about all documents, then see the following:
How do I control how a Word document opens from the internet or an intranet?
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/shar...enDocInIE.html

If this question is about one particular document, then see this:
How can I recover a corrupt document or template - and why did it become
corrupt?
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm
Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Bob K" wrote in message
MS Office Standard Edition 2003 SP 2.
Internet Explorer 7.0

Sometime during the last 6 months or so I have lost the ability to open a
Word Document on a web page. I only see a box with an X located in the
upper
left hand corner.

1. Word functions ok otherwise.
2. Word opens doc files in email ok.
3. Ran Detect and Repair, problem still exists.

Any help?

Thanks
Bob Kester