Stefan Blom

Default Formatting changed to Char Char Char Char...

I can't take credit for creating the macro; MVP Cindy Meister did.
Anyway, as far as I can tell, the macro fixes the problem for the
Heading 2 style, only. It would have to be modified for the other
styles. See the following thread (the reply by MVP Klaus Linke):
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...f49b2f7b5119a9

Note that you should test the macro on a copy of the document first!

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Melissa" wrote in message
That was very useful, Stefan. I will definitely use it the next

time I
encounter that problem.
Unfortunately, I don't think I can use your solution for my problem

coz my
ENTIRE document is in this "Char Char Char..." style, i.e. Heading

1,2,3,4,
Normal, Caption, etc. ALL show this style. If I were to use your

macro,
would it mean that the whole document will be in one style, e.g.

Heading 2,
only?

I am using Office 2003.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

See http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;902064

and
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...p.htm#CharStyl

..

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Melissa" wrote in message
I developed my document mainly using Styles. However, just

today, I
cut and
pasted some text from another document and reformatted them

using
styles.
Then, I realised that my whole document is "using" the style

"Char
Char Char
etc." which came out of nowhere. My styles still exist, meaning

can select
text and reapply my styles. But after doing so, the style name

still shows
as "Char Char...". Visually, my document still looks ok but

it's
annoying
that I can't remove this "Char Char Char..." style!

BTW, I reopened my document in Safe mode and the problem is

still
there.