Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Word 2007 preview of bullets- can it be defeated?

There is no way to turn off the preview of just bullets, but you can turn
off all previews (inlcuding fonts, styles, etc.). Go to Office button Word
Options Popular and uncheck "Enable Live Preview".

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Rickm wrote:
I have a large document in word 2007 and when I select the entire
document and click on the down arrow next to bullets, I float my
mouse cursor over different formats and word wants to show me a
preview of the format.
Well, in a small document, that's just fine but in a large document,
it "locks up"
the document until the preview is seen (which can take more than a
minute). Is there a way to keep the preview from occurring while my
mouse floats over different bullets?