Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor

Default Making a Template for Writing Checks

Suzanne's point was not that it couldn't be done, but rather what was the
point. Computers are supposed to make your life easier not more complicated.
How much effort does it need to pick up the pen that will be used to sign
the cheque and add the payee's name and amount?

Swami wrote:
What about setting up page size to suit the check (or cheque as we
say here in Australia!), scan it and insert it as a background image,
then insert your type-in-data-fields over that image in the correct
positioning, then remove the background (or hide it) just prior to
printing?? But save it as a locked template with image showing, and
save each filled cheque as a separate file for archive.

Ahem, is this too simple, or did I miss something here? I am not sure
in this newsgroup if/when to speak up with my simplistic ideas. Seeing
something that stumps "The Great Susanne. S. Barnhill" makes me
wonder if it is therefore not possible at all

"mcp6453" wrote in message
Using Word 2000, is it possible to make a template that has a
non-printable image of a check such that when I am typing in the
document, it looks like I'm filling out a check, but when I print,
only the newly entered information prints?