Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Making a Template for Writing Checks

If this is set up as a form, you can also use the "Print data only for
forms" option.

"Tony Jollans" My Forename at My Surname dot com wrote in message
If you have a background image you can set the print option to not print
graphics (or drawings or whatever the option says). This will only work,

of
course, if you have no other graphics in the document but that is probably
the case with your cheque.

The option is global so you would want some code in the template to switch
it before printing - and switch it back afterwards but it isn't hard.

SaveOption = Options.PrintDrawingObjects
Options.PrintDrawingObjects = False
ActiveDocument.Printout ' whatever print options you want
' Or you could use Dialogs(wdDialogFilePrint).Show
Options.PrintDrawingObjects = SaveOption

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"mcp6453" wrote in message
Graham Mayor wrote:

Suzanne's point was not that it couldn't be done, but rather what was

the
point. Computers are supposed to make your life easier not more

complicated.
How much effort does it need to pick up the pen that will be used to

sign
the cheque and add the payee's name and amount?

So it's clear that I'm not going to get any help on this matter here.
Rather than writing a discourse on why I want to do this, suffice it to
say that I have some other projects that, if I know a good way to
accomplish this task, I would then know how to accomplish those other
tasks. Yes, since I already have the pen in my hand, I could go ahead
and write the check. In fact, there is nothing that I write into my
computer that I cannot write with that same pen. (Actually, it would be
kind of hard to post to the newsgroup with a pen.)

Adobe Acrobat has functionality to facilitate this sort of task. I know
how to create the fill-in form, but I don't know how to hide the
background just before printing. So, I'm off to the Acrobat newsgroups.

Thanks anyway. This newsgroup sure has changed.