Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Default How to use field codes to insert addressee name in pg 2 header?

I would use a userform to get the information such as addressee, address,
subject, salutation, etc then have code in the User Form save the data to
document variables and then use { DOCVARIABLE } fields in the template at
the location where you want the information to appear.

See the article "How to create a Userform" at:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms/CreateAUserForm.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Virginia" wrote in message
In a letter template, I want the addressee name to automatically appear in
my
2nd (and subsequent) page header, as follows:

Addressee name
Date
Page No.

I have read every entry in the Word help menu, but do not find how to set
this up so it works. Thanks to anyone who can help.

Virginia