Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Deleting font family from character style

Yes, it sounds as though this should work.

"JSJansen" wrote in message
Suzanne,

Alas, this is not a built-in character style, so if I delete it, Word

will,
if I'm not mistaken, also remove all instances of that style from the
document. So if I were to then recreate the style, I would have to go

through
the document and reapply it anew to all previous occurrences.

But, for the record, I did think of a way to accomplish what I want to do:
1) Rename my character style.
2) Create a new character style with the specs I want using the old name.
3) Globally find/replace the renamed style with the recreated style.
4) Delete the renamed style.

Haven't tried it, but conceptually it should work. If it doesn't, I'll
report back.

Thanks.
Jeff Jansen

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The Default Paragraph Font is not the same thing as the font used by

Normal.
The DPF is the font defined for a given style. The usual way to remove
specific font or paragraph formatting is to change the formatting to

match
that used by the style the given style is based on, but this in fact

doesn't
seem to work for character styles. Have you tried deleting the style?

That
would reset it to its default Normal.dot formatting (if it's a built-in
style) or allow you to redefine it if it's user-defined.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.