yepp

"yepp" wrote in message

"Shauna Kelly" wrote in message
Hi yepp

Maybe your paragraph has direct formatting attached to it. Select the
problem paragraph and do ctrl-q, ctrl-spacebar. That will remove all

direct
formatting.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"yepp" wrote in message
I have read ShaunaKelly's webpage about styles and how to apply them,

but
for some reason I am having trouble.

I am using XP2002 and on the "styles and formatting" pane, Normal is

set
"Courier New 11 pt."

However, when I apply this style, it doesn't work.

Thanks, I'll give it a try. Curious, I have been trying Ctrl+N to apply
"Normal" style. What does Ctrl+Q do and what is direct formatting?

correction: I am using "Ctrl+Shift+N" to apply normal style.