Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joe McGuire

Default Creating a Letterhead Template

I already have a nice template for creating letters in Word 2002/2003 and
printing them on our firm's pre-printed letterhead. I would like to figure
out if there is a way to get that pre-printed letterhead or an image of it
into a Word template. I heard it was possible by scanning the printed
letterhead so I tried it. The printed letterhead includes stuff at the top
(about 1" high: the name of the firm), halfway or more down the left margin
(say 1.5" wide: names of the suits) and stuff at the bottom resembling a
footer (about 1.5" high: office addresses) I have read through the detailed
papers by the ever-helpful Ms. Barnhill and others but I can't figure out
how to do this. I scanned the pre-printed letterhead in to a tif file, and
using Paint broke it up into the 3 parts I described (top, side, bottom).
But after a lot of text boxes, headers, tables, inserting pictures, files,
objects and heaven knows what else, I have gotten nowhere. Tried
"background," too, but the images is vastly oversize! (I asked our
stationery supplier for a graphic, although I am not sure what I would
actually do with it.) BTW, a year or two ago somebody tried to actually
recreate the letterhead in Word at the keyboard but the result was pretty
ugly (for starters, the fonts and graphics are hard to recreate in Word).
Any suggestions?