Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
theatretours theatretours is offline

Default Understanding 2007

I am still not satisfied with Word 2007. I've been using it since May and I'm
used to most of it, but it seems to me a few things were overlooked. I'd like
to know if anyone has any idea what it's built how it is.

1 - While the Ribbon with keyboard shortcuts is convenient it does not
display the information I need all the time. For instance - I always need to
know what font, size, BIU, alingment, spacing, etc. I'm using. I don't like
having to hit Alt+H then ESC just to get to that info. That should always be
shown. And the # of pages in the lower left corner doesn't seem to load
correctly on large documents.

2 - Word is trying to do everything for more. As an empowered member of the
millennial NOW generation, market research will probably show you that I like
to be in control. Word gives me templates, and presets, and makes assumptions
about how my bulleted lists and alignment and other document setting should
be. I appreciate it's trying, but it's failing, and it doesn't learn what I
like and don't like. I don't expect programs to learn just yet, but I wish
they wouldn't assume.
As a college student and later as a professional I need to be able to design
my documents to be unique, not based on one of a few limited designs. It is
currently to hard to create my own things. Not impossible, just very
convoluted.

That's my thoughts (rant).
Thanks,
-TT