Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
WG, LI WG, LI is offline

Default Adding extra pages before heading

Hi all,

I barely understand this well enough to explain, but I'll try.

I'm starting a new chapter in my document. I dutifully place a section break
- odd page at the end of my previous chapter. When I type in my new chapter
heading and choose the Heading 1 style, I now have 7 blank (but properly
numbered) pages between the end of the previous chapter and my new chapter's
heading. Changing the heading style back to normal eliminates all of these
extra pages.

I had the Heading 1 style set with "Page break before", and once I turned
that off, the problem seems to have stopped. But how does that turn into 7
extra pages? There are no tables involved here, which often cause difficulty,
and no hidden characters that I can see (not that I'd know what to look for,
even showing all of the non-printing characters).

Sorry to ramble, but this one has me stumped, and it's happened to me once
or twice before in the past.