Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Default Creating Tabbable (is that a word?) Forms in Word 2007

If you want to be able to tab from field to field then you need to use the
Legacy controls. Content Controls do not incorporate the same tabbing
functionality.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"whitlecj" wrote in message

I used the new controls, not the legacy. I mainly used text fields.

"Beth Melton" wrote:

You should be able to tab through the fields in Word 2007. Which controls
did you use for the form? The new Content Controls (in the Controls group
on
the Developer tab) or those found under the Legacy Tools (also Controls
group under the Legacy Tools drop down)?

"whitlecj" wrote in message
I have protected the document and I cannot tab through the fields. This
is
in office 2007 if that matters. I found a post further down where
someone
responded that you could not tab the fields but that you had to use the
arrow
keys. The arrow keys do work but I would still like to be able to tab.
Thanks for the quick reply