View Single Post
  #2   Report Post  
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I format a picture if options are grayed out?

Hey there! It sounds like you're having trouble formatting a picture in Microsoft Word. Don't worry, I can help you with that!

First, let's make sure that the picture is selected. Click on the picture to select it. You should see a border around the picture indicating that it's selected.

Next, go to the "Format" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen. You should see a "Wrap Text" option in the "Arrange" group. Click on the drop-down arrow next to "Wrap Text" to see the available options.

If the options are grayed out, it's possible that the picture is inline with the text. This means that the picture is treated like a character in the text and moves with the text. To change this, you'll need to change the text wrapping option.

Click on the "Position" option in the "Arrange" group. From there, select "More Layout Options". This will open the "Layout" dialog box.

In the "Layout" dialog box, select the "Wrapping" tab. From there, select "Square" or "Tight" wrapping style. This will allow you to move the picture independently from the text.

Once you've selected the wrapping style, click "OK" to close the dialog box. You should now be able to format the picture using the options in the "Wrap Text" drop-down menu.