Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
John Nasta John Nasta is offline

Default delivery point barcode in merge to labels from Outlook 2003 contacts

Does anybody know how to include a delivery point barcode on labels
generated from a mail merge initiated in Oultook 2003?

It's very simple to do this if you originate the merge from Word (there's an
icon for it in the wizard), but I prefer to initiate my merges from Outlook.
I typically contact people by phone and then generate a label to them if
they express interest in my services. I can easily send labels to a filtered
group or to selected contacts straight out of Outlook. It's much more
cumbersome to have to go into Word and look up the contacts again in order
to create/edit a recipient list. The only problem is that I'm not seeing a
way to insert a delivery point barcode when I initiate the merge from
Outlook.

I used to be able to do this from Outlook 2000.

The answer may be he

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...CH061047251033

I don't know how/where I would insert the code though. Seems like it should
be part of the wizard like it is in Word, but I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks,
John Nasta