Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Insert Date and Time does not contain all formats!

In my version of Word, there are seventeen listings in the Insert | Date and
Time dialog. The first two are the short and long date formats I've selected
in Control Panel | Regional Options. The next nine are various (mostly
useless) date formats, the following two combine date and time, and the last
four are time formats. I take it that you are seeing something different?

"Liela" wrote in message
Doug:

That was not the answer I needed. The issue is that the "standard" date
formats are not showing for this user when she goes into Insert - Date &
Time. I should not have to format anything or add anything for that

matter
these date formats should be a part of the general normal template.

Thanks!
Liela

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

What format do you want?

See "Formatting Word fields with switches" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Liela" wrote in message
I have a user who is attempting to use several different date and time
formats, however when she goes into Insert - Date and Time (Word

2002), it
only offers her very few options. We have replaced her normal

template
several times with ones that have the correct formats but she is still
unable
to get them. I am not sure what else to do, please help!!