Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Gordon is offline

Default Word 2007

"Tickle" wrote in message
Aloha Everyone

I just installed 2007, and I am sure I'll pull my hair and such , but for
now, a few important questions.

How can I get the tools/icons to stick...meaning save, open, close print
etc. .

You find the Save, Open and Close by clicking on the Office button, right at
the top left-hand of the Word Window. You can customise the Quick Access Bar
by clicking on the drop-down arrow to the right...

I have a ton of icons that I want to add in my default word document

If you click on the iems across the top of the bar (Home, Insert, View etc)
you will see all the functions available to you.

How can I add more to the ribbons and how can I make the icons smaller.

I think you'll find that with all the different functions in the various
parts of the ribbon that you have plenty to be going on with! :-)

Lastly, where in the world would I find the "FILE" option - or is that
gone??

On the Office Button.....