Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] t_mannion@hotmail.com is offline

Default Inserting or embedding Listnum field into TC field

I should like to insert an identical sequence number into the TC field for
it's use in generating a TOC. The example follows: [3. Content Header ]
where 3. is generated from a Listnum field and the total [3. Content Header
] content is desired as an entry in the TOC as being displayed in the
following fashion: [3. Content Header.............................56 ]
where 56 represents the page where [3. Content Header] is located. Again I
am looking to have the Listnum field generate the number as other Listnum
fields are inserted or deleted and to have that information carry over to the
TC field for capture into the TOC when it is updated. I am not sure that
this combining of fields is possible but if there is an alternative method
for producing the same results I would be most appreciative. Thanks in
advance for any assistance.