Claudia

Tim, I have the same trouble with templates I've created and found that the
only resolution is to get to the office before anyone else when I need to
modify my templates and remove them temporarily to make modifications.

Claudia

"Tim Wallin" wrote:

I'm using Word 2003 in a large networked environment. When a user has a
document open that is based on one of my templates, it ties up that template
by forcing it to be read-only, even when that document has been saved with
an new filename, even in separate Word and Windows sessions. I cannot
understand why that should be so, but it definitely is the case because
closing the open document frees up the template so that it is no longer
read-only. Can anyone shed light on why this occurs, and whether templates
can be made to be independent of their "children"?

Tim