Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sarunas

Default Create macro how to change smart quotes "" with smart quotes ,,"?

Well, in my region (Europe -- Lithuania) office 2003 automaticly
converts smart quotes " " with other smart quotes used in my native
language ,, " (ALT+0132 and ALT+0147).
So all I need to do, is to record a macro, that would search a first
quote " and would replace it with ,, , then search for closing quote
in an sentence and replace it with " (closing quotes are different when
using combination ALT+0147).
And that would be all the macro should be able to do.
Because when you have 100 of word pages with qoutes like this "",
there's a waste of time in finding and replacing them using Replace
dialog. That's why I need a macro.

Sarunas

Graham Mayor wrote:
The macro recorder doesn't always work as planned - and it's no better in
Word 2003. What *exactly* do you want to replace with what?

wrote:
Yes, I know that using Replace function (not a macro) everything works
fine. But here's a problem, thah I need to automate this proces using
a macro. A I'm stuck here I believe i need to upgrade to an Office
2003. It has no problem at this point.

Thanks