Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default What is the small black square in the left margin?

Nothing to do with tracking; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm

"dburtbax" wrote in message
news
In my word document, I have tracking "on" and when I select "final" the
change mark does not appear in the right margin. I noticed that my other
document that shows the change marks has small black squares in the left
margin (with paragraph marks turned on). I think this needs to be turned
on
in my new document but I don't know where to find it. How do I turn
these
on so that my document reflects the changes I made?