Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Greg[_4_] Greg[_4_] is offline

Default Scroll on Window Restore?

Oh, &%$@. It started doing it again. And this time, safe mode doesn't help.

I'm wondering if it has some interaction with hibernation. I don't think
it went into hibernation since the prior restart before, and this time
was after coming out of hibernation. Why that should affect scrolling,
??? I'm grasping at straws here.

Greg

Greg wrote:
Terry Farrell wrote:
Just a quick further test. Start Word in Safe Mode and open a
document. Then try min/max and see if the same problem occurs. From
Start, Run, type in

winword /a

and press enter. Test now.

Well, how about that -- starting that way, it doesn't scroll on
minimize/restore. What does that mean?

One thing I can say that is means: It's fixed.

After testing in safe mode, for the heck of it I started Word normally,
and tested again. Lo and behold, it no longer scrolls on minimize/restore.

Shakes head in amazement.

Whatever... Thanks!

(I never heard of a safe mode for Word before. Windows, yes. Not Word.
Thanks for the detailed startup instruction.)

Terry

PS Can't get it out of my mind that Lenovo/IBM and ThinkPad have
separated - especially as my wife works for IBM and they still issue
staff laptops and call them ThinkPads!

Some of the laptops Lenovo sells are Thinkpads, like the T series, X
series, and so on. So your wife and others aren't wrong. Use of the
"Thinkpad" name was one of the things Lenovo bought. I was there, and
there were grumblings about IBM selling off the one really good PC IBM
still made.

However, Lenovo also makes non-Thinkpad laptops, and the one I have --
3000 series -- happens to be one of the those. Simple visual
distinction: It's not black. :-) The case top is sliver.

--
Greg