Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP- Cindy M  -WordMVP- is offline

Default date problem in form

Hi ?B?YWg=?=,

Both the OS and the words document are using English

Well, US date format and UK date format both uses slashes, not dots. So where is
your DATE format coming from? Word relies on the system date format settings.
You're going to have problems if your document language and your date "language"
are in conflict.

I've created a form with Microsoft word. Besides, I've formatted 1 of the
field as "Date". However, I faced an issue as follows:

The date format that I've set is DD.MM.YYYY
When the user key in an invalid date, for example: 22.22.2006
The document will automatically reflect it back to current date.

Is it possible for the document to prompt out a msg "Invalid date" in stead
of change it to my current date in this case?

You can provide this only by using a macro in the form document. If you
require further help, you need to tell us which version of Word you're using,
with which language the form has been created, and what the Windows language
is.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply in
the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)