Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Poprivet Poprivet is offline

Default Word Basic?

Here's one for the "old timers":

I don't write many scripts but can usually blunder my way thru if I
can find an example similar to what I want to do. I am learning
disabled due to a concussion several years back, but it's one of
those "if I knew it before, I still know it" kind of things; it's
only more recent events I have trouble with.

I'm setting up an input dialog box for a fax cover sheet; pretty
simple as scripts go, and remembered someI made years ago that I
finally managed to locate inthe archives, and pulled it up. I
thought it was written in VB, but it turns out it's in "Word Basic".
No idea what rev of Word I used but the file dates were 1998 vintage.
They work fine in XP Pro, and I'm getting what I want it to do in
the get/put areas, which is about all they are. But here's my
question, since Windows Help and Google don't seem to be very helpful:

Are Word Basic commands the same as/similar to, VB such that I can
use VB Help, commands, etc., to go ahead and modify and add to these
Word Basic scripts to do things I don't yet know how to do?
Pro-gress, in other words g.
Or, will Word Basic sripts byte me in the arse in ways I don't
expect when trying to TS them in VB scripting?

Thanks to all relevant responders in advance,

Pop`