Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default show icon from .ico file in Word doc

Do you have SnagIt? It can batch convert files from .ico to any number of
other formats. As a test, I just converted a whole folder full of .ico files
to .jpg files.

I'm sure that SnagIt has a trial version. There are other graphics programs
that can do this as well.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Gratje" wrote in message
This is an option but I still have some editing to do to it because not
only
the icon itself is inserted, but also the file name at the bottom of the
image created this way. To get rid of the file name I have to crop the
image
at the bottom. For one icon this wouldn't be a problem, but in the project
I'm working on I have to do it for dozens of icons. Therefore I was hoping
there was an easier way (with less editing), but I guess this is the
easiest
way to go.
Thanks for your suggestion.

"CyberTaz" wrote:

How about InsertObjectCreate from File?

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"Gratje" wrote in message
I have an .ico file and I want to show the icon in a word document.
Importing it as a picture via "insert picture from file" doesn't work
(file
format is not recognised). Any suggestions how I can do this?
(I'm using Office XP). Thanks in advance.