Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Footers in Word 2003

RayD wrote:
I have a 99 page document that has about 80 sections that I inserted
into an existing document and I need to insert the page numbers into
the footer. Is there any way to insert these numbers without going to
each section and selecting "connect to previous"?

Use a macro like this (see http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm if
needed):

Sub ConnectAllFooters()
Dim mySec As Section
For Each mySec In ActiveDocument.Sections
mySec.Footers(wdHeaderFooterPrimary).LinkToPreviou s = True

'if you have "different first page", uncomment this:
'mySec.Footers(wdHeaderFooterFirstPage).LinkToPrev ious = True

'if you have "different odd and even", uncomment this:
'mySec.Footers(wdHeaderFooterEvenPages).LinkToPrev ious = True
Next
End Sub

Here, "uncomment" means to delete the apostrophe at the start of the line.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman