Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Default MS Word 2000 Find & Replace

See also http://www.gmayor.com/replace_using_wildcards.htm

Drew wrote:
I am trying to do a simple "Find & Replace" but don't have the
expertise to figure it out. How do I find: -000-000-0000-
and replace it with the following format: (000) 000-0000 --

I need to replace the first hyphen that is found with a [space], and
enclose the first 3 digits with parentheses; eliminate the second
hyphen and replace it with a [space] as well; and finally, replace
the last 'found' hyphen with 2 [spaces] followed by 2 hyphens. The
telephone numbers obviously vary, so I need to retain the original
numbers.

Also, do I need to have the 'Wildcard' option checked? I appreciate
any assistance you can provide. Thank you in advance.