Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Set a field before running query

Can you spell this out a bit please?

Your query returns a value (let's say it returns a value of "2" in a column
called "myvalue")

You present that value to the user (perhaps using an ASK field) and the user
may type in a different value (say, "3")

What do you want to happen to that value "3"?

(And are we talking about a query that returns a single row, or what?)

Peter Jamieson

"NeedHelp" wrote in message
I have a Word document linked to an Access query. In the
query, it has a predefined numeric value that I would like
the user to be able to change from the Word document and
the have the query refresh using the new value.

Is this possible? I'm an Access programmer and have never
done any programming on Word.

TIA