Graham Mayor

If you use numbered styles rather than trying to cobble together some manual
formatting to apply numbers the problems you suggest will go away. With any
style, you can apply whatever formatting you require as part of the style
description and in this instance you need to add spacing before or after in
the paragraph format.

Anna Summers wrote:
I was trying to get a bit of space (a half line to a line) between
each item on a numbered list and it was a nightmare. I started
reading about the numbered list situation, which seems to me to be a
basic item for a word processor to accomplish easily.

What a gleaned from my reading was that Word 2003 list numbering does
NOT work reliably and that it takes someone with time to study
programming and writing cryptic code to get it to work properly. I
am astounded! I thought word was supposed to be some great word
processor - and it can't even provide and easy-do-do simple thing
like a numbered list - not even 1. 2. 3. with a bit of space between
the items instead of running them together?

Does WordPerfect provide an easy way to produce a numbered list?

Anna