Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
MikeR-Oz MikeR-Oz is offline

Default fields and then merging text-automating a task

Thanks Terry - I have the auto text toolbar and when I 'add' text I do not
get the short cut key assign. How do I get this? I use insert - type the
words then 'add'.

Mike

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

Look at AutoText: this allows you to create and save virtually anything in
Word (text, words, tables, graphics, etc) and assign a shortcut code which
can be repeated using the shortcut code +F3.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"MikeR-Oz" wrote in message
news
OK no experience with this at all!!

I have a document that is arrange in a series of tables so that under a
specific heading scores can be entered and then a large part of the table
is
for comments.

I would like to have a series of standard comments on another document
that
can be merged into the original table comment area by using a code or hot
key
or such that will remove the manual repitition.

I thought I would need to create part of the table that has the comments
area as a field? and then ????

Understand what I am trying to do??

Mike