Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
shedragon713 shedragon713 is offline

Default unwanted pagebreak in a list merge

that did it! thank you so much.

-- dum spiro spero

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

You probably need to change the type of the merge to Directory (or
Catalog, depending on the version of Word). If it's Word 2000 or
earlier, use the first option in the Mail Merge Helper. If it's Word
XP(2002) or 2003, you can enable the mailmerge toolbar using
View-Toolbars and use the first button to change the type. If it's Word
2007, the option is in the Mailings tab.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

shedragon713 wrote:
hi there,

I copied this code directly from the MSWord tutorial
(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/294686/) -- everything works except that
there's a pagebreak between each item. what am I doing wrong?

{ IF { MERGESEQ } = "1" "{ MERGEFIELD CITY }¶
" "" }{ SET Place1 { MERGEFIELD CITY }}¶
{ If { Place2 } { Place1 }"¶
{ MERGEFIELD CITY }¶

{ MERGEFIELD EMPLOYEE } { MERGEFIELD SALES }" "{ MERGEFIELD EMPLOYEE } {
MERGEFIELD SALES }" }{ SET Place2 { MERGEFIELD CITY }}¶

thanks for your help!

-- dum spiro spero