Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Default migrating word 2003 settings to new notebook

Hi Howard

Office has a built-in tool to copy your settings. Do Start All Programs
Microsoft Office Microsoft Office Tools Microsoft Office 2003 Save My
Settings Wizard. Follow the instructions on the screen to save your settings
and then install them on your new machine. It works quite well.

However, that might not catch everything you want to copy. For everything
else, see
What files do I need to back up?
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/FilesToBackup.htm

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Howard Cross" wrote in message
Greetings,

I've recently purchased a new notebook and would like to have the same
dictionary and autotext insertion selections as I do in my desktop. I have
several custom autocorrections and ink signatures for insertions that it
would be easier to copy than re-create.

I thought that if I copied my normal.dot file to the new pc that the
settings that I have on the desktop would show up there. But, it doesn't
appear to work.

Both machines are running Office 2003 and Windows XP Pro.

Any suggestions??

Thanks,

--
howard

"Action is the foundational key to all success."

- Pablo Picasso