Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Format of page numbers

She didn't ask this, but what if she needs to cross-reference one of
those pages? Would it know, via something like "include full context,"
that the prefix needs to be given?

On Mar 28, 2:51*pm, smh wrote:
I am going to assume that you have a section break between your last page and
the beginning of your appendices.

From the file menu select View, Headers and Footers. *On the toolbar that
pops up use the pulldown next to at Insert Auto Text. *Click on -Page-. *This
will insert the code for a page. *All you need to do is put your "A-" in
front of it.

--
Sherri

"Randee" wrote:
I've been looking over all the posts here, to find out how to address my
problem. *I have a Word 2003 document that has pages 1 through 7 as the front
of the document. *Then starts multiple appendices. *I need to put page
numbers on these and need to begin Appendix A with the page number A-1, and
so on. *I do not have "A-1, A-2, A-3..... " as an option to choose from when
I click the "format page number" icon for the footer. *I've tried using the
control-F9 thing, to insert brackets but the brackets show up in the footer
in the left margin, rather than in the middle where I want them. *I need to
be able to set up a TOC and can't until I can get this problem worked out. *
I've entered section breaks as instructed in other posts here. *I'm
completely confused at this point and just need someone to give me the ABC's
of adding these page numbers. *If I need to go through the whole document and
take out all the formating and start over, I can, in order to get it all
figured out, but I'd rather not. *HELP!!-