Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Automatically date stamp filename when save?

Yes adding the time is easy enough.
Define another string at the start

Dim strTime As String

Then under the line
strDate = Format((Date), "dd MMM yyyy")
add
strTime = Format((Time), " hhmm")
then near the end locate and change the following lines thus:

'Define the new version filename
strVersionName = strPath & "\" & strFile & " - Version " & _
Format(iCount, "00#") & " - " & strDate & strTime & ".doc"

Do not use a colon between hours and minutes in the line strTime=

Sync-opy wrote:
Thanks! That was exactly what I was looking for. I actually
navigated to and downloaded your add-in macros and I am using that.
One more question though: is it possible to have the filename include
the time of the save in addition to the date and version number?

Thanks again! this is so helpful compared to the other options!

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

The macro at http://www.gmayor.com/save_numbered_versions.htm will
do that. Do not use the master doc facility. It is fatally flawed
and will eventially corrupt your work.
Word can handle huge documents as single files.

Sync-opy wrote:
Is it possible to have Word automatically save a doc under a new
filename with a current date - time stamp automatically appear in
the new filename. I'm having difficulty juggling different versions
of a master doc and the "Save as version" option just isn't cutting
it.

Thanks!