Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default change header size in second page

It helps to insert a temporary page break so you can see what you are doing.

In page setup setup the margins to suit the subsequent pages and set a
different first page header.

Put your header graphic in the first page header and nothing in the
subsequent page headers.
If necessary use a borderless text box in the first page header to push
down the text, but you can usually add a wrap option to your logo to achieve
the same thing.

When you are happy, delete the page break and save the template.

It has been a while since I read Suzanne's page, but I am sure she has this
covered?

alsimbo wrote:
I am trying to set up a new letterhead with the company logo on page
one only and a smaller margin on the second and subsequent pages. I
have read and followed
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm and I am still
getting problems. I have tried inserting a page break and amending
the margin but this affects the first page also. I have also tried
inserrting a new section and amending the margin which doesn't affect
the first page. This is fine as long as I want a 2 page template, but
as soon as 'backspace' from the second page it deletes the header on
the first page and when i select 'different first page' it has
amended in size to what the second page was! Help please!!