Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

Default Why do unused fonts appear in a PDF

Did you check all the styles or only the ones you used in your document?
Like I stated in an earlier reply, an unused but defined style could be
causing the font to be included.

Try the following. Save your document as a Word 2007 document, i.e. with the
docx extension. Now, close Word, go to the file and change the extension to
zip. Open the archive and browse to the 'word' directory inside. Check the
file 'fontTable.xml' to see if the Century Schoolbook font is listed there.
If not, check 'styles.xml' file. If the font is listed in any of those, the
pdf creation will include it.

Yves

wrote in message
On Feb 9, 5:43 am, "Terry Farrell" wrote:
If one of the styles is set as Century Schoolbook and you change the fonts
by SelectAll and do a global font change, this is not changing the style.
You have applied Direct Formatting, so the underlying style is still set
at
CSB. As an illustration, if you SelectAll and execute Ctrl+Q and
Ctrl+spacebar, it will remove ALL direct formatting and display all the
underlying styles.

In fact, I went back, printed the Style definitions. No Century
Schoolbook.

I went through each style and not one of them uses century schoolbook

And it's not been applied to any of the text.