Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] faceman28208@yahoo.com is offline

Default Why do unused fonts appear in a PDF

On Feb 9, 6:21*pm, "Yves Dhondt" wrote:
Did you check all the styles or only the ones you used in your document?
Like I stated in an earlier reply, an unused but defined style could be
causing the font to be included.

Try the following. Save your document as a Word 2007 document, i.e. with the
docx extension. Now, close Word, go to the file and change the extension to
zip. Open the archive and browse to the 'word' directory inside. Check the
file 'fontTable.xml' to see if the Century Schoolbook font is listed there.
If not, check 'styles.xml' file. If the font is listed in any of those, the
pdf creation will include it.

Interesting. I can see where it is coming from. It looks like word
creates an internal character style for linked styles. I can see the
font in one of these. In this particular case it is the 'QuoteChar"
style, part of the built in Quote style. I have disabled linked styles
in document.