Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bogey Man Bogey Man is offline

Default Opening Word 2007 Files

I think that the file associations might be messed up. Find a Word file on
the computer in question and right click it. Look for "Open With." If Word
isn't in the list offered choose "Choose Default Program" and choose Word.

"Carl_B" wrote in message
One of my co-workers is having a problem in opening Word 2007 files. He
can
open them directly in Word, but can open any by double clicking the file
Icon
in Windows Explorer. She insists there is something wrong with Word 2007,
in
the way files are created and saved and is quite animated to all of her
other
co-workers on this subject. I really need to solve this issue - does
anyone
have any experience with this sort of a problem.
I thank you

Carl