Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Cell WILL NOT vertical center! HELP!

Yeah, I'd like to look at it, too.

http://word.mvps.org

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote in message
Absolutely! Please send it! I love a good puzzle!

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word Bible

Hi Herb,

I received a copy of the document and could not find out what it was that
was causing the problem (and believe me, I looked). The problem could
however be overcome by deleting all of the text from the cell and
re-entering it manually.

Let me know if you want to bang your head against the wall and I will
send the file to you.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote in message
What version of Word is this?

Have you checked the cell margins? Right-click the cell and choose Table
Properties, Cell tab - Options button. If the Top and Bottom settings
aren't identical (usually 0), you won't be able to center vertically.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word Bible
Blog: http://word.herbtyson.com
Web: http://www.herbtyson.com

"Dom5smom" wrote in message
I have set up a form using a table. In some rows, I have had to change
the
size of the cells, but just by adjusting the width, not by merging
cells.

I have one cell that absolutely will not center and I cannot figure out
why.
There are no indentations and no spacings set either before or after
any of
the lines within the cell. There is less text than space, so there is
plenty
of room for the text to center.

I am SO frustrated! Where's my WordPerfect????

Can somebody HELP?