Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Data entry form in word?

I would create a template with a User form that contained text boxes for
each of the Course title, Date of Course, Number of Hours and Accrediting
Body and a Listbox and a command button that added the information entered
by the user into the text boxes into the List box, separating each item with
a comma and a space. Then when they had entered all of the courses, they
would click on another button that would take all of the information from
the list box and insert it into the required place in the document.

See the article "How to create a Userform" at:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms/CreateAUserForm.htm

and the following pages of fellow MVP Greg Maxey's website :

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Create_and...a_UserForm.htm

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Populate_UserForm_ListBox.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Linda RQ" wrote in message
Hello,

I was wondering if there is a way to create a data entry form like in
excel in Word 2003? To renew my license I have to type my conferences in
the format below. I want to create a tool for our staff that is easy to
use for someone who is not real computer literate. I know there are many
people who still don't know how to R click copy/paste but I believe they
all have used Word at some time or another. I would like to have them
enter the info in a form and then have it concatenate like excel or access
does so they can easily copy and paste it right from their document. I
would like the document to be a template so they can just open it up from
our intranet website and save it to their own home drive. I am thinking
that maybe Access would be my best tool but if word can do it, I think the
staff would be better able to handle that. I'll post on the access and
excel group too to see what option best works for me as I am kind of a
novice in all 3 programs.

List your CE courses using the following format: Course title, Date of
Course, Number of Hours, Accrediting Body. If you list more than one
course, separate courses with a semicolon.

For example:

Legal and Ethical Considerations for the Respiratory Therapist, 10/22/08,
2, AARC; After the Diagnosis, 09/30/08, 3.5, Ohio Nurses Association;
Northwest District Seminar V, 09/09/09, 6, AARC; Pulmonary Arterial
Hypertension: A Disease with Increasing Hope (113), 06/29/09, 1, AARC

1.. Type the required information in a text based program. Any text
program will do. We suggested WORD or WORDPAD, but any text based program
works. The point is to be able to copy and paste once the formatted text
is ready. Type the information in a single string of text, no hard
returns or lines. Also, ABBREVIATE, ABBREVIATE, ABBREVIATE. The system
only takes 1000 characters and we do not mind if you significantly
abbreviate course titles. Cut (or Copy) and Paste the information in the
entry box on the online system.
Thanks,
Linda