Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
jayne jayne is offline

Default Footnotes

I have a title page for a document with footnotes for each author (4 of them)
to indicate their affiliation. I want the footnotes for the text to begin
with 1 and then continue all the way through the document (80 pages).
However, I have several landscape pages in the document so have had to create
several section breaks (thus the restart each section isn't what I want). Is
there a way to do this? I don't want to restart each section; I just want
the cover page to have separate footnote numbering. I know I can do it by
hand, but was hoping there might be a way to do this automatically. Though
not written yet, there will eventually be 8 documents with this same issue.
And if the first page is prepared manually and then more text is added to it,
the spacing will be all off.

Thanks.