Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default paragraph line spacing

In both Word 2007 and Word 2010 there is a Line and Paragraph Spacing button
in the Paragraph section of the Ribbon. If you click on it, it will show
the spacing of the selected paragraph by a tick against the 1.0, 1.15, 1.5,
2.0, 2.5 or 3.0. It also has a button that will take you to the Format
Paragraph dialog and buttons to Add (or Remove if it is there already) Space
Before or After the paragraph.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
Well there is in Word 2010 but I am unable to check if this is available
in Word 2007.

Use the Customise Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) option and choose All
Commands. Scroll down the list of command and you will find

Spacing Before
Spacing After

Add them to your QAT. Now as you click in a paragraph, the little boxes on
the QAT will display the current setting. I hope that is the same for Word
2007.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Island Girl" wrote in message
How do I set up a toolbar that will show the line spacing in a selected
paragraph? I'm working in a long document and I know there has to be a
better way than right clicking on the paragraph and taking the usual
route to
find out the line spacing.

Thanks for being there and helping me out so very often!