Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell  via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default paragraph line spacing

Ohhhhhh, so "multiple" is like em in HTML css (cascading style sheets)
€”supposedly very handy and user-setup friendly since relative font size and
spacing specified by em could still be applied when the user specifies a
different.

Why don't they tell us this stuff? Here I thought "multiple" was another MS
misnomer.

But, is "multiple" based on the point size of the font alone or on the point
size plus leading (in Word 120% of the point size)?

Pam

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
FWIW, you can use Multiple line spacing, which does adjust to the point size
of the text. This allows you to set something between 1 and 1.5; it also
(though this is not obvious) allows you to set less than one line: I often
back off to .99 or .98 lines to fit copy.

Doug

[quoted text clipped - 33 lines]
on the QAT will display the current setting. I hope that is the same for
Word 2007.