ventsu ventsu is offline
Junior Member

Location: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integrity View Post
Hi everyone, I am new here. I believe this is the place to resolve my problems with word.
What I require is a "drop down menu"(I think)

I want to create documents like "Today I went to work by( and a drop down menu stating, bus, car, train, motorcycle etc.) Some of these inserts may be a sentance or so long. Can someone help me please, firstly what is the correct name for this process and, secondly how do I do It?

Thanks in anticipation

Integrity
You want to turn on "Developer" tab, depending on the version of word you have, its done different ways in the options menu.

Anyways, once its on, switch to the tab for their functions, and in word 2010, you should see "controls" section.

Firstly, select in the document, where you'd like it placed, then click "Drop-down list content control" to insert it. It should appear with "Choose item" as default. Don't change it within the doc yet. After you first insert it, you should click properties, which in word 2010 is located just under designer mode, in the same controls section, and within that, is how you add each individual choice you want.