Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Footnotes

Recent versions of Word do let you specify different footnote options for
different sections, but this isn't working properly. In other words, you
will have to use manual footnote numbering for your cover page.
Alternatively, you may be able to use *endnotes* and specify that they
should be positioned at the end of the section (as opposed to at the end of
the document).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Jayne" wrote in message
I have a title page for a document with footnotes for each author (4 of
them)
to indicate their affiliation. I want the footnotes for the text to begin
with 1 and then continue all the way through the document (80 pages).
However, I have several landscape pages in the document so have had to
create
several section breaks (thus the restart each section isn't what I want).
Is
there a way to do this? I don't want to restart each section; I just want
the cover page to have separate footnote numbering. I know I can do it by
hand, but was hoping there might be a way to do this automatically.
Though
not written yet, there will eventually be 8 documents with this same
issue.
And if the first page is prepared manually and then more text is added to
it,
the spacing will be all off.

Thanks.