Posted to microsoft.public.word.application.errors,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.drawing.graphics,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Strange printing behaviour

Good point. HP does complicate matters, and for some reason there drivers never seem to work well with Microsoft products...

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in message ...
Indeed, I used to have it right! But try finding the right combination
of stuff in Windows 7 and the new HP "Solution Center."

On Sep 29, 1:32 pm, "Stefan Blom"
wrote:
It should be possible to change the defaults, by accessing the printer settings in Control Panel.

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in ...

My HP PhotoSmart printer defaults to "Grayscale." I have to remember
to click "Properties" in the Print dialog every time I open a document
and change the Shortcut setting to "Economical" (or whatever it's
called) and the Color setting to "Color." Maybe Word likes to override
whatever your printer's defaults are, and you have to manually reset
them through "Properties" every time.

On Sep 28, 9:16 pm, "Finn Stampe Mikkelsen" wrote:
I m experiencing something odd...

I have this document, a job application, ending with a CV. Here i have inserted a picture of me at the buttom of the document, following the CV.

The picture i a full color picture. The text is simple b&w text that has not been manipulated colorwise. The picture however, when printed to my color laser printer, is printed in b&w. This although tha printjob is set to print the document in full color.

If I delete the text, but keep the picture, send the document to be printed without changing the print settings, the picture is printed in full color.

If i reinsert the text, this time after the picture so it is located at the top of the document, and send the document to the printer again to be printed. Again without changing any printer setting, the picture is also printed in full color.

Only if the picture is printed after the text, no matter how i place it there, the picture is printed in b&w...

How can i change this behaviour?? What is the reason for this strange behaviour??