Posted to microsoft.public.word.application.errors,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.drawing.graphics,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Strange printing behaviour

I've been using the HP PhotoSmart All-in-One for four years or so (I'm
surprised they still sell the cartridge for it) and never had that
sort of problem (and didn't have the default-reset problem until I
moved to the Windows 7 laptop).

On Sep 29, 10:29*pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
I have an HP scanner, and, although it was a huge leap forward from my
previous (very slow) scanner, it has a wretched TWAIN interface and scans
everything just ever so slightly crooked. sigh When I finally have to move
to Windows 7 on my desktop, perhaps I'll luck out and find that a W7 driver
is not available for that scanner, giving me the excuse to get a new one.
g What really drives me crazy about it is that the underside of the glass
is kind of fogged, and although I've removed the glass and cleaned it,
everything I do just seems to make the situation worse. Amazingly, it
doesn't seem to affect the scan quality noticeably, but it still bugs me.

Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message

I avoid them, discouraged by all the stories I read here and in the
Microsoft forums. :-)

I did purchase an HP scanner the other year, and I had a lot of trouble
with the driver, which kept reporting that a file was missing. An update
improved the situation, but I finally decided to get rid of the scanner
anyway.

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
I've had nothing but HP printers and no problems printing from any MS
programs. But I guess I've just been lucky.

http://word.mvps.org

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
Good point. HP does complicate matters, and for some reason there
drivers never seem to work well with Microsoft products...

Obviously I meant to write THEIR drivers, not "there."

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP- Hide quoted text -